untitled 2008

untitled 2008
pastel on bristle paper

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lemon Almond Pancakes

Here is to writing my first recipe on here.

The picture below shows three pancakes I have made and will share the recipes with you. Today I will just be sharing the Lemon Almond Pancakes. My pancakes recipes might seem to you to have too much baking powder but I love my pancakes light and fluffy. When I first came across a pancake recipe in Better Homes and Garden Cook Book, with this much baking power I was skeptical but now I make all my pancakes with this much. Their ratio for dry and wet ingredients in their fluffy pancakes is the point of reference in my pancake recipes.


Lemon Almond Pancakes are in the center




Lemon Almond Pancakes
I love lemon and almond together. I am a person who loves strong lemon flavor and if you are like me I have added a variation to the recipe to make it even more lemony. There is also a variation to make these vegan.

1 cup flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsweetened and unflavored almond milk
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1egg
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium to large bowl. Add the almond milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, oil and almond extract to the dry mixture. Whisk the ingredients together until just combined. Heat a pan or griddle on medium heat. Spray the pan with oil. To make dollar size pancakes pour about a tablespoon of batter for each pancake. Cook for about a minute or two on each side. I prefer to cook larger pancakes. When making a larger pancake you might need to decrease of the stove a little and cook each side of the pancake longer.

Serve with lemon curd or syrup.

Variations

Extra lemon- Add another two teaspoons of lemon zest.

Vegan- remove the egg from the recipe and add 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of water.



I hope you enjoy the pancake recipe and I will have the other two recipes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment