untitled 2008

untitled 2008
pastel on bristle paper

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Day 7 through Day 12 of the sketch challenge. 

Day 7
As the days go on I find that I enjoy just sketching, however finding the time I truly want to spend can be lacking. Over all I have to remind myself that something doesn't need to be completed in a sketch. If it is good it is more for me to go back to someday to finish. 

Day 8
On this day I decided to stop a get a beverage before heading home. While at it also see if I could quickly sketch out something in the environment I was in. It has been a while since I have made myself work on a still life and also do it in under 20 minutes so I wouldn't miss my bus. I found myself quickly placing the important items needed so I could finish it from memory later that day. Downside of the art app I am using is that I wish I was able to find a better copper color for the background. Given cooper reflective quality is hard to obtain in a no-metal material but I think I could have played around with it a little more.....

Day 9
The day before I found myself just drawing lines on a piece of note paper earlier in the day. Not try to see a figure but going back and giving the few lines details while making something that looked appealing to me. I took that idea and focused just on the lines. 

Day 10
Didn't think I would have any time to sketch anything but that is because I baked and baked some more. Hopefully soon I will have a new recipe to share. But back to the sketch. After baking I found some time to sit down and draw. I truly didn't feel like it but was able to allow myself to focus on this for 20 or so minutes. 

Day 11
Felt again hard to commit to sketching but felt like doing something that might seem tedious to some and somehow relaxing for me. 

Day 12
I love color as one can tell from my sketches and each day I chose a color by what ever one jumps out at me first. Green it happen to be and the more and more green there was the more I liked and disliked it. Also used one of the pen brushes to complete the whole sketch. Which the result of the pen brush gave the sketch texture which again for me is a thing I love and hate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment